Cooperstown All Star Village
Our Top Priority: You, Our Players, Families, Coaches, Umpires and of course our devoted staff,
The latest decision by our state government to not allow overnight camps along with the other restrictions in place will certainly change the Ultimate Cooperstown Experience to the point where we feel it will not have the same wonderful feeling, filled with memories that will last a lifetime. It's important for us to deliver a safe and memorable experience for all in attendance. After considering all the possible alternatives we have regrettably made the decision to cancel the 2020 Season.
Our hearts and thoughts go out to the families and especially those young athletes that share the same love and passion for the game of baseball. To the players we say keep your chin up, soon you will be back with your friends playing baseball. Stay healthy and safe and be sure to thank all those responsible for trying to keep your American Baseball tradition alive in participating against teams from all across the country and around the world in the Ultimate Cooperstown Experience. On behalf of the staff and management we wish you all a great summer. Your journey to the birthplace of
baseball has affected many people who have been anxiously awaiting your presence. Everyone in the greater Cooperstown area wishes you well and for those that can make it next year we will be ready and waiting with open arms. We appreciate the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments who are on the front line working to contain this coronavirus. I want to thank you in advance for putting your trust in Cooperstown All Star Village. We all were hopeful we could play. Players, you should know we gave it our best, it certainly was beyond anyone's control. Players, follow your parents guidance, stay focused in your school work and develop those baseball skills, and maybe one day you will be in the Major Leagues.
Coaches, thank you for your support and your patience. A formal cancellation email will be sent to your team contact regarding the refund process. For those of you looking to keep the Cooperstown tradition alive within your organization or community, here is a link https://cooperstownallstarvillage.com/sign-today for the 2021 and 2020 Registration Forms. All teams from the 2020 season are entitled to their Grandfather Certificate, which helps your organization acquire one of your top choices for your 2021 12U team. In order to activate your team’s Grandfather letter you must follow and complete all the necessary registration steps. Umpires, thank you for your support and we hope to see you back in 2021.
Finally, we will be hard at work making this facility even more special for 2021 and beyond.
Stay healthy and safe and play baseball!
Our Baseball Rules
12u: Field dimensions are 50-foot pitching distance, 70-foot base paths, 8-foot-high fences and 200 foot fences.
In addition to our regulation fields we have two Green Monsters, which have 20-foot-high Green Monster fences! See if you have what it takes to clear the Monster!
Players must be 12u and cannot turn 13 before May 1st of the tournament year that you are attending.
All games will be six innings, with a 8 run mercy rule after four innings. Base runners will be allowed to lead off.
The use of all tobacco products is prohibited.
Prior to each game, field umpires will review the rules and official lineup cards with both head coaches. The home team book is the official game book.
All games in POOL PLAY will be 6 Inning games (Weather Permitting).
PITCHER: Once the starting pitcher is removed, they cannot renter as a pitcher later on in that game.
No pitching restrictions (Coaches discretion); please take into consideration the health and safety of your players.
RESTRICTED BATS: ALL DeMarini 2017 CF ZEN's -8 and -10, retooled or not (Orange Cap/ Sticker) are NOT Premitted.
RESTRICTED BATS: 2018 EASTON GHOST -10, 30 inch length, Color: BLACK are NOT Premitted.
Also check with baseball operations for any additional info regarding illegal bats.
- Will be called following Major League Rules.
- There will be NO BALK WARNINGS.
- All balks called will be delayed dead balls.
- A team may bat straight 9 players.
- A team may bat the lineup (all players listed on the roster) and make free defensive substitutions.
- If a player or players are injured; Coaches must not list them on the line up card and must discuss this at the plate meeting before the game with umpires and opposing coach.
- When a player who has left the game is scheduled to bat and no legal substitutes are available, an out shall be declared for each turn at bat.
- Re-entry Rule: Starters may re-enter in the same offensive spot once.
- Substitutes cannot re-enter the game once they have been removed.
- A COURTESY RUNNER can be used for the catcher and pitcher, you must use a player not in the current lineup or your last recoreded out.
- A player MUST SLIDE or attempt to avoid contact on all close plays.
- Whenever a tag play is evident, a runner must slide or seek to avoid contact with the fielder and/or catcher.
- Attempting to jump, leap, or dive over the fielder and/or catcher is not interpreted as seeking to avoid contact.
- Malicious contact shall supersede all obstruction penalties. The runner shall be called out and may be ejected from the game at the umpire's discretion.
- Teams may begin pre-practice game warm-ups 15 minutes prior to practice game time in the outfield.
- All players warming up before games must be 10-feet infront of the foul lines.
- Team equipment must remain inside the dugouts while the ball is in play.
- All areas within the walls of the fields are in play except for the dugouts and spectator areas.
- Pitchers must warm up outside of the field.
- In the case where a game is forced into a rain delay by the umpire, teams are to remain in their designated dugout until notified by a Cooperstown All Star Director.
- Coaches must wear their CASV coaches shirt and CASV hat during all games.
- Players must wear only CASV uniforms and they must be tucked in at all times during games.
- Players must have plain white baseball pants.
- No metal spikes.
- No jewelry.
CASV EXPECTS SPORTSMANSHIP
Promote good sportsmanship both on and off the field:
- Coaches, please remind your players to respect the upkeep and beauty of the baseball fields.
- Please ask players to replace all divots made on the field.
- Should any player or coach take part in any fighting, those individuals shall be ejected from the tournament immediately.
- Should any member of the team subsequently become involved in a second incident of fighting, the entire team shall be ejected from the tournament.
- Any player ejected from a game will be suspended from three consecutive games.
- Any coach ejected from a game will be removed from the premises for the remainder of the tournament and may not return as a spectator.
PRE-GAME TEAM INFORMATION
- Teams must be at their assigned field ready to play thirty minutes before game time.
- Coaches will receive their schedule for games during registration.
- The home and away positions will be predetermined.
- Home and Away signs are posted on each of the player/ coaches dugouts.
- Batting practice must be held inside the batting cages.
- All coaches must abide by batting cage/practice field schedules.
NOTICE FOR ALL TEAMS
- All teams must supply helmets, practice baseballs, bats, catching gear, pants and safety equipment and line-up cards.
- Players may use any length/weight metal bat provided the diameter DOES NOT exceed 2 3⁄4 inches.
- No wooden bats.
- RESTRICTED BATS: ALL DeMarini 2017 CF ZEN's -8 and -10, retooled or not (Orange Cap/ Sticker) are NOT Premitted.
- RESTRICTED BATS: 2018 EASTON GHOST -10, 30 inch length, Color: BLACK are NOT Premitted.
- It is required that every player wear a double earflap protective helmet while batting, on deck, in the coach’s boxes and running bases.
- We are not responsible for any personal items brought to the CASV property. Outside coolers with drinks and food are NOT permitted in the bunkhouses and can NOT be brought to games in the dugouts. Outside food and beverages of any kind (except for bottle water) are not permitted on Cooperstown All Star Village property, in accordance with the NYS Department of Health.
COOPERSTOWN ALL STAR VILLAGE UMPIRES AND MANAGERS PROGRAM
- Coaches Meeting at 4:00 pm in the Players Pavillion
- Purpose: To standardize the quality of baseball played at the All Star Village
- Goal: To have the coaches, umpires, players and spectators working together so that we all have the Ultimate Cooperstown Experience!
1) Baseball rules interruption - director call for clarification
2) Field and spectators rules: Ground rules, score book and game highlights.
In the case of a dispute, the decision of the Director of Baseball Operations is final.